At Herdade das Barradas da Serra we are fully committed to making your stay an unforgettable experience, with more and better security measures so that you can always feel comfortable and safe. Although the government has already decreed a general relaxation of the COVID-19 preventive measures, we have maintained many of our workflows regarding check-in, housekeeping, breakfast and bar service. Breakfast is still served at the table, with extra surprises and small changes every day. We have maintained the small private porches in front of each room, with excellent feedback from our guests, among many other measures.
Below you can find some of our most important measures.
National or regional rules (as defined by the central government)
- Rules limiting access to tourist establishments, presentation of tests or certificates at the entrance have been lifted.
- There is no longer a limit of persons in indoor spaces, as well as a limit of persons per group or table.
- Maintenance of the spacing between check-out and check-in (4 hours), for greater ventilation and thorough cleaning and disinfection of the rooms
- Disinfection point at the entrance (footbath and hand disinfection)
- Luggage disinfection area at arrival
- Simplified process, with previous data collection and only need for confirmation by the client
- Main information about the stay sent in a pre-arrival email
- Delivery of a single-use guide, with all the information about the Estate, the activities available, the COVID19 rules and links to the breakfast and bar menus
- Availability, on request, of an individual protection kit
During your stay
- Exterior corridors of the rooms interrupted with partitions and transformed into small individual porches
- Disinfection points in the main common areas (reception, porch and lounge, swimming pool, access to the studios)
- Alcohol gel dispensers in bedrooms
- New layout of the pool area, with prohibition of rearrangement of chairs and limit of people in the water
- Breakfast served at the table, with a menu
- Guests may indicate if they want their room cleaned or not
- Use of mask recommended in indoor common areas and in all situations where it is not possible to maintain the safety distance
- Signs with the rules in several passage areas
- Digital consultation of all menus and documents, such as the route map
Possibility of payment by transfer or other contactless means, with the final bill and invoice sent by email
Main Internal Measures
- Continuous training for all staff
- Use of individual protection equipment for situations when entering the rooms
- Reformulation and reinforcement of cleaning procedures, using new products and methods, including steam disinfection
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of passageways and common areas